Windows 8.1 is a free upgrade for Windows 8 provided by Microsoft. Whether just installed or thinking about it. Here’s a brief list of the changes and enhancements you will find in Windows 8.1
- Check out the Start button. Clicking takes you to the Start screen, but hey at least you have a button.
- The Start screen is much easier to use, with more tile sizes, the ability to group apps, name app groups, easier access to the All Apps screen, and easier searching.
- New Navigation tap located in the properties of the Task Bar, adds several options such as showing your desktop background on the Start screen. This really does make switching between the two less annoying.
- Internet Explorer 11 replaces Internet Explorer 10
- The Mail app now allows dragging and dropping. Most all apps have been improved.
Benefits for Multiple Devices
- Syncing between PCs is much better, installed apps, Start screen layouts, and more.
- The default location to save files from apps is Microsoft’s OneDrive cloud storage solution. This makes it easy to save things in a way that makes them available on all devices. Yes, this can be changed.
Windows 8.1 has been improved, I encourage this upgrade. The process to install takes awhile, don’t get in a hurry.
May I add you to our email list?
Get how to emails & other valuable content.